Strokes of
PAINT & PASSION




When looking at Celine's Spring/Summer campaign I can't help but thinking of my wonderful grandma and an old vintage blouse she used to wear. Already at that young age I remember myself adoring its colors and oddness. This blouse was the perfect reflection of her personality; eccentric and theatrical. You couldn't miss that this lady loved to dress up. Chic hats, pleated skirts and always matching scarves in all colors of the rainbow. And not to mention her jewelry, hidden in a white neat drawer in her bedroom… (My idea of Pandora's box, if you would have asked me, that little girl, back then). I still remember how I used to sit in front of her round mirror, all covered up with pearls, glimmering stones and everything in between, putting on all that my tiny body could hold, wishing that one day I would be like her. And well, sitting here writing all this makes me realize that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Thank you, mommo. I miss you xx


So, what happened with that outstanding blouse? Ooh... You know me, don't you? Of course it's in great custody. And something else that's pretty certain is that these crazily cool colors need to be taken out for a stroll sooo very soon. I mean... Duty calls, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

                  Follow saemlstaint              Follow SAEMLSTAINT