BALMAIN
PRE-FALL 2012





ACTUALLY I INTENDED TO write about MB Fashion Week Sthlm (day 2), but by accident I came across Balmain's Pre-fall collection for 2012. 
I was enchanted. Surprised. I can't remember last time I wanted almost every single look in a collection. Maybe never.


The new designer, Olivier Rousteing, has definitely made the brand to his own, but fortunately without losing its original sexy rock chic soul. It's still there. 
The low waists, tight dresses and well-selected embellishments assure us - it's still Balmain, but in a more mature way. Rousteing has literally allowed the typical slim Balmain-fit to sag and instead adopt a wider comfy silhouette with wonderful prints. He has created the perfect balance between sexiness and sophisticated elegance. The whole collection exudes a controlled luxury and we understand why when he tells us the inspiration comes from Russian tsarist art, palaces and military. From trash to class! This is BRILLIANT, BALMAIN!


pics via vogue, edited by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                  Follow saemlstaint              Follow SAEMLSTAINT